Monday, November 21, 2011

love

Prompt: Thank the Lord for His love.

As I prepared to write this blog entry, I sat and pondered which Bible verse on love I should use. There are so many. His love is the only reason we are here. The verse I think sets such a perfect example, not only of His love for us but also the love we should have for one another, is 1 John 4:10-12.

"In this love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us."

Thank You, Lord, for Your perfect, unconditional, everlasting love. Thank You for teaching us to love one another without fear. I am thankful that because of the love that I feel from my Father in Heaven, I am able to love some who others do not see as deserving of love. I am thankful that I am surrounded by so many who love me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment