Saturday, November 19, 2011

Daily Bread (and more)

I participated in a Bible study last year and we took some time to dissect the Lord's Prayer. It was quite interesting looking at each individual part of the prayer and deciphering the true meaning behind the words that we pray so routinely. As all who have ever said the Lord's Prayer know, "give us this day our daily bread" is a part of that prayer. Honestly, I used to thing this simply meant we were asking the Lord to feed us. But if you look back to when Jesus broke the bread and told his followers to take and eat it because it was His body... Jesus gave us His body. Throughout His life and to the very last breath, He was devoted to His Father and determined to save us from the eternal hell that we were preparing for ourselves.
So today, I am thankful for the bread of life. I am thankful for all of the food in my fridge and my pantry. I am thankful for the fellowship that is provided for me in the places I go. I am thankful for His word that helps me through the though times and makes me mindful in the easy ones. Thank you, Lord, for the life you provide and sustain for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment