Thursday, September 29, 2011

Caramel Apples

So... I still haven't made the pie... I want to, I just don't want to be the only one home when it comes out of the oven. That's a dangerous thing. Besides, it has been so hot this week, I would hardly call it fall... (sorry, fall, but you're not really living up to the crisp days I've expected of you.)

BUT

I did make caramel apples. Well, really, they're Milk Dud apples, and they were delicious.

It was easy.
Just emptied all of these little boxes of Milk Duds...
 Melted them down in a pot... (with about 2Tbsp of water and a dash of cinnamon)
 Stuck some sticks into the apples and dipped them in!
 I put some tin foil on a cutting board and sprayed it with some PAM to make sure the caramel wouldn't stick.
 Stuck the apples in the fridge to help them cool...
 And later we ate them.
 They were so good.

And, I got to do all of this apple-dipping AFTER I spent the whole morning with this precious girl!
Miss Avery!

 We played with stuffed animals, went for a nice long walk, read some books and then A. slept for almost 3 hours! She didn't even make a sound when I laid her down for her nap! She woke up just in time for her daddy to get home and send me on my merry way. 
 I love getting to spend time with this sweet girl! Add her to the list of "pros of living in Sioux Falls," for sure.

So, that was my yesterday. Today I have done less exciting things. I worked on some applications, worked out, and now I need to go get ready for work... that all sounds like a lot of work being done...

Anyway, off to the closet to see what combination of my 4 sets of clothes will be worn to work today! Hopefully I can find something that's a little different from what I have already worn to work... they're probably starting to notice that I only have 2 pairs of jeans with me right now. Can hardly wait for Dad and Mom to be here next weekend (1. because I miss them, B. because they'll have my clothes, III. because I'll be moving into my own place! YAY!) More on that later!

Hi-ho! Hi-ho! It's off to work I go!
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment