Friday, September 23, 2011

Aloha, Friday.

Today marks the official first day of fall, and oh, what a wonderful day it is!
I haven't blogged for a couple weeks due to some technological issues which are all, thankfully, finally resolved (or so I think).

Today I feel thankful. Not for one thing in particular, but for my life as a whole and the way the Lord has changed me and grown me into the person I am today so I may have the blessings I have. I am thankful for all of the things that he has given me that I am aware of as well as those things yet to be discovered.

A good friend of mine is Hawaiian, and she always says, "Aloha, Friday!" as a way of saying goodbye to the week that has passed and hello to the weekend that lies ahead. With that "aloha," I am also going to say some of the things that are on my mind that I am so grateful for; God is so good!


I am thankful that I can see
a freshly made bed
sunshine
children playing
patterns and colors of all kinds

I am thankful that I can hear
wind rustling the leaves
laughter
music
silences

I am thankful that I can smell
food as it is prepared
clean laundry
rain
my coffee

I am thankful that I can taste
cheese
ice cream
toothpaste
fresh fruits and veggies

I am thankful I can feel
crisp fall weather
textures of all kinds
warm leggings and sweatshirts
love.



Aloha, Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment