Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just the Beginning

I have never actually blogged before in my life. I have always been very interested in other people's blogs and will spend hours reading them (pathetic, I know). Today, for some reason, just seemed like the day that I should start a blog.
September first. Whenever I think of September, I think of back to school and all of the preparation that goes into the new school year. I have always loved school supply shopping. This year is the first year of the last 17 years of my life that I have not gone back to school shopping. No new notebooks or folders. No new pens and pencils or other various unnecessary-yet-cool writing utensils. No new shoes or clothes. To be completely honest, if I had to go out and buy new things, I don't think I would be able to afford it this year. Nonetheless, I do love back to school shopping. I am constantly drawn to the school supply isle when I walk through Target or Walmart and I have to keep reminding myself, "you don't need that." 
Anyway, enough with my rant about school supplies.
Some other very exciting aspects of September, to me, are all of the fun fall activities that await me! I can hardly wait to go to an apple orchard to bring home some fresh apples that I can dip into delicious caramels and chocolates. With September comes the crisp fall weather, the changing colors of the leaves, and the okay to wear hooded sweatshirts or sweaters whenever I want. Although I do love summer, I am always very excited whenever fall rolls around. Sleeping with the windows open, walking through the leaves, and pulling out the long sleves are all approaching very quickly. Not to mention the fact that two of my brothers get the luxury of celebrating their birthdays during this month, I do not see a reason to complain about September one bit.

So, with all that being said, "WELCOME, September! I'm so glad you've arrived and I can hardly wait to enjoy you!" :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment