Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Saturday (in photos)

This weekend I got to play with a camera. :) 
Not just any camera, though; a Nikon D3100. Trey, being the thoughtful man he is, brought it home for me from school. I usually get stuck taking pictures with my phone's camera or my beat-up digital, but not this weekend! So below are some pictures from Beaver Creek Nature Center, where we went hiking this Saturday evening. 
I know 40 pictures is a little excessive, but I had to choose from 200-ish. I got a little camera-happy.. Originally there were over 400...





 A fun little bench.

 I want to live there, in that little cottage home.
With this super awesome old door...
 Which has really big hinges...

(I was in love with the camera. We hadn't even gotten on the trails yet and I had over 100 pictures. Needless to say, Trey was a little put out with me. He just wanted to walk the trails..)

Finally, the entrance...

 I loved these black berries!

 There were lots of bees on these pretty white flowers.
 We got to cross this cool bridge.




We found this by the river; Trey thought it looked like a mask.

 A mossy fall-forest-floor.


Sunshine.

 I could have stayed here forever.
 My favorite scene of the day, for sure.
 So glad I had a great camera to capture this- I could never put into words how gorgeous this meadow was!
 We had to test out the timer before we left... Success!
...after multiple tries of course...
 Driving into the sunset.
 I liked this barn so much, I made Trey pull over so I could get a good picture.

 We climbed this huge hill...
 So we could see this...

October is welcomed with open arms!
I hope everyone else had a good first of the new month!


1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures, cousin! I think our camera is very similar if not the same one. I hardly ever use it because it's so much handier to carry my slim phone than a bulky SLR but I should play with it more once the baby comes.

    It's "cooled down" here in Austin... meaning it's only in the upper 80s by 4 and in the morning it's usually in the 60s. Nice! I went for what might have (definitely should be!) been my last swim of the year on Sunday evening. The water was pretty frigid. Poor Ellie got in the water with me and almost immediately got out and said, while her lips were shaking, "Yeah, Dat's better!" hahaha I'm a horrible mom.

    ReplyDelete