Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Apple Pie

I made an apple pie (finally) 100% from scratch.
I actually made it on Sunday night. I was just reluctant to post about it until I tried some of it. I didn't want to admit my failure. Turns out I didn't fail. The pie was acutally pretty great! Two things I would change- 1. the apples I used were not super crisp, so once they got into the pie, they were pretty mushy; 2. I prefer cinnamon ice cream with my apple pie and all we could find was some vanilla- it seems as though nobody sells cinnamon ice cream here. Schucks!
I followed this recipe from Martha Stewart. I am typing this post quickly as I prepare for bedtime prayers and some much needed sleep, so forgive me for being so brief.

This is what my pie looked like-


I didn't do the round cut outs because I was struggling to keep the crust together. I had to use a blender to make it rather than a food processor which I think caused my crust to be not as successful as Martha's (it has nothing to do with the fact that I do not get paid to bake and she does).

Anyway, just thought I'd share my first completely homemade pie with everyone- I will definitely be making another attempt soon!
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment