Thursday, October 13, 2011

A joyful run

I only have <4 minutes to blog, so here goes my attempt at speed blogging. If you come back later and the post is dramatically altered, please accept my perfectionism.

This is carved into the sidwalk in front of the house.
I love that not only is the home that I am living in old,
there are lots of fun things that hold history and
meaning to add to its beauty.


I went on a run today. It was a wonderful run. I honestly don't remember the last time I enjoyed my run that much. Actually, maybe I do. It was probably before I tore my ACL. That was a year and 3 months ago. I guess when I tore it I didn't really realize what that meant for my physical activity even post rehab and being cleared for all activity. It makes things lots less fun.

Leaves covered the sidewalks in places,
causing me to step on them as I ran
adding to the lovely fall-feeling of the day.



 
But not today.
Today my run was wonderful.
The sun was shining, but there was a crisp fall feeling to the day.
This run was not particularly great because of the time or distance I accomplished, just great because of the way it felt.
I acutally probably had a terrible time considering I slowed down to take a few necessary pictures along the way...
It was fun getting to run around the neighborhood and take in all of the fun old and some new homes along the way.
Hopefully the rest of my runs in this new neighborhood of mine will feel equally rewarding.

I really like brick homes. Just so all of you know.
So this one, with a fireplace, I could look at all day.



1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures! It really makes me miss Sioux Falls. Check out the tree on the corner of 26th and 1st I believe...BEAUTIFUL...my favorite tree in all of the world.

    ReplyDelete