Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Doors open and close

Today I woke up with a list of things that needed to be done. I am not going to sit here and tell you that I did them all, but the most important things have been checked off the list, which makes me feel like I was somewhat productive inspite of the little nap I took in the early afternoon hours. If I hadn't stayed up until 3 "organizing" my room, I could have stayed awake.

Regardless, I did make some phone calls as well as recieve some phone calls that ended with me being offered and accepting a job. I was actually offered the job Tuesday, but I was working when they had called so I did not return the call until this morning. The first job offer was from Axtel Park Middle School for a position as an Education Assistant in cluster classrooms working with learning challenged students. I liked the job description and was very interested, but I felt that I needed to know for sure about the Memorial position I interviewed for on Monday. So I began by calling the principal there to see how far along they were in the hiring process. She informed me that I would know by the end of the day whether the position would be offered to me, which lead me to calling H.R. and asking them for the day to make sure I made the right decision. As I waited I sat in bed praying and apparently I was very comfortable because I fell asleep. When I woke up I had a voicemail offering me the E.A. position at Memorial working with Special Education students as well as mainstream kids. Once again, I sat and thought and prayed on what to do. Both positions were very desirable, same benefits, same hours, just a little different job description and clientell. Within an hour or so, H.R. called me back. I still wasn't really sure which job I was going to accept and which I was going to turn down, so I was hesitant to answer. When I did answer, though, I was told that the Memorial position had been cut. If that's not God closing a door for me, I really don't know what is! So, I accepted the position at Axtell Park. I am excited for the opportunity to grow and to learn personally as well as the wonderful opportunity to make an impact in these students' lives! I have already filled out all of the paperwork and by next week am expected to be in the classroom with the students!

On another note, I made some enchiladas for dinner tonight. At first I was skeptical of the sauce that accompanied them, but as I ate them it definitely grew on me. I think they turned out pretty well for a new recipe. I will post more on that tomorrow.

Also an exciting discovery is the fact that caramel apple suckers come in multiple flavors! Who knew?!? Not only is there the usual Green Apple flavor, now there are Red Macintosh and Golden Delicious! At life group I had a Golden Delicious and it was pretty tasty. I took home a Red Macintosh one and plan on testing it out tomorrow. I will let you know how I feel about it.

Anyway, just thought I would send out a little update. I hope everyone's week is going well; only two more days until the weekend! Take care!

1 comment:

  1. I keep forgetting to check your blog!

    Your new job sounds fabulous. I know you'll do great!

    We bought about 8 lbs of apples yesterday. Yum.yum. I think Jonagold are my favorite although the pearapple thing I got want too bad either. Ellie swiped a plum while we were shopping and thought it was tasty ;)

    ReplyDelete